This past weekend I headed north for the Easter holiday. It was so nice to visit with my friends and family! I got to meet up with Mrs. Okie Boy Mom and Mrs. Oklahoma Flag Friend! Love them!
As you know, part of my 30 before 30 includes visiting my parents at least twice. Which my mother only counts it when I'm there just for them. I love you mom! So, here we are on Easter Sunday morning!
The Monday after Easter turned into an incredibly LONG day as my calendar was full of clients and appointments. But just before I left work, I received an exciting text message inviting us to go Lindy Bombing. In case you don't know what that is, it where a group of swing dancers go and dance in a non-dance environment such as a public restaurant, park, or party. It was Mr. EAN and Miss ASQ's birthday, and they wanted to go to 3 Spoons Fro-yo. Yes please! Here are the birthday twins:
A group of other swing and non-swing dancers came to join in on spectacle/fun!
Best part about the night? I got to cross Lindy Bombing off my list! Sic'em!
Group Shot
So here's a look at my entire list and an update on what's been done.
1) Visit a new state (still working on that one)
2) Run a mile
3) Swing dance with thirty different men during a steal's dance5) Do 7 push-ups
6) Compete in a 5k
7) See the sunrise in Cameron Park
9) Move into my own place
12) Swim in the Brazos River
13) Have lunch at Homestead Heritage (plans are in the works for this)
14) Skype or Facetime with Joel while he's deployed (this may be a bit challenging as Internet is scare)
15) Send a care package to Joel
16) Have a Swing Kitty photo shoot
17) Ride in a limo
19) Memorize 30 verses of Scripture (working on that now - memorized a few, but still more to go)
20) Buy someone else's dinner without them knowing it
21) Have a picnic lunch
22) Read 3 books - 1 fiction,
23) Find a pair of fun shoes
24) Convince an out-of-state friend to visit
25) Eat at Kim's - location of parent's first date
27) Make my favorite OTB dish homemade - Chicken Empanadas
28) Do something random for my co-workers
29) Change my hair
30) Visit my parents at least twice (first visit was Easter 2012)
Up High: Excited about a fun-filled weekend!
Down Low: Rain in forecast in the middle of Sunday's cookout

No comments:
Post a Comment