Thursday, April 26, 2012

Tortillas, Movies, and Feeling Blessed

Two blogposts in one day - what?  No worries.  This is the actual one for this week.  The previous one is for last week.  I want to keep things somewhat separate and together.  

Our two interns from my office are graduating and moving on with their lives and we are very sorry to see them go.  We have enjoyed working with them!  To honor them, we took them all out to lunch.  And then went Tortilla Tossing because that's what you do in Waco.  Or at least we do.   Best part is:  I made it!  WIN!  I wasn't actually thinking I'd make it to the pillar, but somehow the wind shifted just right and my little tortilla flopped upon that pillar.  So happy!
 Later that weekend, I got together with Miss SLC and Miss CHB for a fun evening of a movie:

It was, um, interesting.  Slow at times, but more fun to be with friends.  I have realized in that past few weeks how blessed I am.  I have a wonderful job that I love that supports and encourages me professionally through obtaining my license and in professional organizations.  I am involved with my church through my small group (though at times I'm outnumbered of men to women - but who's complaining?!) and getting to know people by lowering the median age range on Wednesday nights.  I also am involved in various ministries in the church.  I especially appreciate the core group of friends I have found through swing dancing and the joy & fun it gives me by being out on the dance floor.  There's nothing like freely dancing to the music of a live band.  I'm grateful to God for all that He has given me.  For I truly am blessed.

Up High: I truly am blessed.
Down Low: Um.. how can I be down with all God has given me?

No comments: