Thursday, April 26, 2012

Parties, Cookouts, and Skype Dates

I had originally written this blog last week.  But somehow before I got it published, Blogger decided to delete my post and make me download google chrome.  *sigh*  Boo!  So, now on to my original post.....

Some of you know there is a online restaurant review in town that I read.  They recently celebrated their 1st anniversary of being online.  YAY!  And I scored tickets to the shin-dig.  So fun!  It was at a local Vietnamese place and I tried to be very adventurous.  I not only ate (or attempted to at least) with chopsticks but I ate tofu!  Yeah, that wasn't exciting and I seriously think that God created us to be at the TOP of the food chain!  Here's a fun pic since the owner/blogger/writer guy got up and sang a little ditty.
 The next day my small group went to Cameron Park for a cook-out.  Since we didn't actually eat on the ground, I'm not going to count it as a picnic for my 30 things list.  It was lots of fun as the day turned into an absolutely beautiful afternoon!  YAY!
Miss CHB showing off her juggling skills - or at least trying.
 Really, Mr. Science Yankee Wizard showing her 
 Frisbee!
 And we attempted to make s'mores - hard to do over coals and not firewood
 But the best part of my week came early Wednesday morning when I got to Skype with my brother!   Unfortunately, the wifi in the country is not the strongest.  So after my failed attempt to skype practice with CC, I turned to friends.  Miss SLC was VERY gracious and allowed me to be in her home while she went to work and I could talk with my brother.  WIN!  So happy to see his beautiful face and shiny head.  Love you and miss you dearly!

Up High: Skyped for the first time with my brother!
Down Low: Working on a Saturday

No comments: