Friday, May 11, 2012

Friends and dancing, Friends and Tattoos, Friends and Waterparks

This past week was a lot more fun than I had anticipated.  I ended up riding with my good friend, Miss Dedicated Luftkin Bear and her friends down to enemy territory.  We had a mini-Shine*Down reunion watching Mr. Musical Political Bear give a concert with his group.  Part of the reason I went down was, of course, to go dancing!
So at the dance there were lots of men from around the area and state.  Yet one caught my eye simply because he looked like someone I knew...sort of.  See four years ago, Mrs. FBB got me into watching Gossip Girl with her while we lived in FTW (let me say now I can't keep up with it and it's a little too much drama for me now) but anyway, if you're familiar with the show, there's a character called Chuck Bass who acts like he's 30 when really he's more like 17.  He always wear suits and has his hair slicked back.  At the dance, one of the men (since it was a more formal occasion) wore a seer-sucker suit, suspenders, bow tie all with his hair slicked back like below!
It was awesome!  AND he was a good dancer too!  I really wanted to call him Chuck the whole night but refrained from it. 
Here's me and Miss DLB!
 I heart S*D reunions!
 On Sunday, I was invited to go to the Scarborough Renaissance Fair.  Of course you must eat a turkey leg the old school way.
 AND I went a little crazy.  I got a henna tattoo!  It's not on my 30 things list, but it is something I've wanted to do for awhile.  Upon the encouragement of my friends, I got the Chinese symbol for Love.  I really like it and hope it lasts a while.  Don't worry mom, it's not permanent!
 On Tuesday night, I attended the Community Expo where all sorts of vendors had stuff about the Wack.  And my favorite university was not only there, but they had the Women's Basketball National Trophy with them!!  So, of course I had to take a photo!!  SIC'EM!!!!  And that's me touching it too!
 Then I met up with Miss EIS to prayerwalk and chalk the new Hawaiian Falls Water park which took over the city water park this past year.  They invited the community to come pray, and then sign the wave pool before it gets sealed.  Umm...yes!


 Did I mention that Miss DLB works there?!  Loved seeing her twice in a matter of four days!

Up High: Excited for upcoming Daddy-Daughter Weekend in a few weeks!
Down Low: Possible rain for tomorrow big small group event which is outside

No comments: