Friday, May 25, 2012

Jewelry, Family, and Jump Ropes

So last Saturday I hosted my very first selling party.  I'm not really a fan of throwing these parties because I don't even like necessarily going to them.  I mean, I like looking at the stuff, but don't like feeling the pressure to buy stuff.  Regardless, I felt I should throw a party on behalf of my friend who is selling Premier Jewelry.  Which you may remember [the company] donated jewelry back here.  Anyway, it was fun.  I made a tasty Lemon Pound Cake and other frilly, girly eats.
 Pretty, shiny objects!
 Then later in the week this pretty girl came to visit!  So HAPPY to see her beautiful face.  No, this isn't a pic of us from this week.  Unfortunately, we didn't take any pics so I'm using one from October.
 Thursday morning marked the last one-on-one time that me and my mentee got to spent together.  To celebrate, she wanted to go outside.....and take a jump rope.  
Yes, I, actually jumped rope in my very nice dress.  It was quite hilarious.  I'm kind glad no one else saw me do it.  Regardless, it was fun!  I will miss her over the summer.  Hopefully, we'll both be back in the fall!

Up High: Daddy-Daughter Weekend at the Brick!
Down Low: Busy, busy week between work, picnics, and workshops!

1 comment:

Aunt Kathryn said...

Leah, your food and jewelry table were so pretty. Good job! Emily enjoyed being with you a lot!