This past weekend was what I originally called Daddy-Daughter Weekend. Really it was more of Tour de Family weekend. My dad and I were originally hoping to root on our beloved bears to the victory of their first Big12 Tourney Championship. Sadly, we did not get close. Nevertheless, we cheered them on anyway on Saturday wearing our very brightly 'electric' shirts.
On our way home after a disappointing loss, we had a blow-out. PTL we were able to safely get to the left side of the interstate where we attempted to change the tire. Attempted because our jack was sadly too short and could not raise the small SUV high enough.
Good thing we had our 'bright' shirts on so people could see us! HA! So we called for 'back-up' while my dad and I made bets on the type of truck the person would show up in......
We both lost. If you notice below, it's a small hatchback. The dude stepped our in shorts and boat-shoes. So NOT what we were expecting. Nevertheless, his jack did the trick and we were soon on our way.
We later made our way over to see these oh-so-adorable cuties! Love lil'J!
And miss priss in her pretty pink cast! I loved walking up to the door where the door open [and the storm door closed] and hearing Lil' C scream out "Aunt Leah!" Love it! Love her! Love him!
Then Sunday afternoon we road tripped it down to TX for an oh-so fun Kick-off to Summer BBQ with Mrs. JBM family and friends! I LOVE those ribs!! It was a blast lovin' on my other nephews and hanging out with this chica. Somehow, I never got ANY pics the entire time I was there!
My last stop on my tour was a visit to the grandfather. Each time I leave, I'm always glad I stopped by.
I had hoped to post the following pic almost three months ago. But stupid people in Congress & Supreme Court said the lines weren't good enough. So here's me FINALLY getting to vote in the primaries months after the race was in full swing. Talk about anti-climatic! But hey, I rocked the vote anyway!
Up High: Excited (and uber-nervous) about my first swing dance competition this weekend!
Down Low: Sometimes I really miss Mrs. FBB!








No comments:
Post a Comment