So are most of you know, I threw a Black & White Dinner party before departing for Oregon. It was fabulous and so much fun! Here's a picture of the place settings.
If you look closely, you can see that the name-cards don't have name, rather are little cutouts of boys & girls. Each person was not assigned a seat, rather men had to sit where the boys were and ladies where the girls were. That made it less date-like and like you weren't being set-up.
I didn't get any picture of the food, but I did take a pic of me and the dessert. To go with the black & white theme, I made brownie ice cream sandwich and topped it off with a dollop of cool whip and a cherry!
The ladies and gentlemen of the evening. This was a semi-formal dinner party where men were strongly encouraged to wear a button-down shirt with tie. Coats were optional, but two of the men decided to wear theirs. The women of course all got together earlier and planned to wear red dresses to just make it all pop! Love it! Okay, so we may have conspired and to surprise the men, but I'm pretty sure none of them complained! After enjoying our four course dinner and riveting conversations, we played games that brought lots of laughter and smiles.
These beautiful ladies helped me plan this wonderful evening! They were wonderful! Miss CHB, Miss SLC, Miss SJS, and I all happen to have birthdays within two weeks of each in the best month of the year - October!! Win!!
I love these girls and am so grateful for this wonderful God-fearing women in my life! The next day after the dinner party, we received several texts/emails from the men sharing how much they enjoyed themselves and didn't seem to mind how 'formal' it was, rather appreciated the elegance of it all! In fact, another dinner party is in the works!
Up High: Fabulous time in OR and will blog about that later this week
Down Low: My boss' last week in the office as she moves to our sister organization at the end of the week. Sad she's leaving, but happy for her!
No comments:
Post a Comment