Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thirty Things Update

So I figured since nothing really interesting happened this week, I should blog about my list.  You know, the one where I complete thirty things before I turn thirty!  Yay, that one.

1) Visit a new state - give me 48 hours ;-)
2) Run a mile
3) Swing dance with thirty different men 
4) Visit Independence, TX - finished this back in March with Miss ETB on our spontaneous road trip
5) Do 7 push-ups
6) Compete in a 5k
7) See the sunrise in Cameron Park
8) Be part of a lindybomb mob - celebration of Miss ASQ & Mr. EAN's birthday in April
9) Move into my own place
10) Take a photo with a Baylor athlete - YAY for Dancing with the Stars Winner - Mamadou in Feb
11) Be successful at Tortilla Tossing - great way to celebrate Leap Day
12) Swim in the Brazos River
13) Eat at Homestead Heritage - thanks to 'dinner with a stranger'
14) Skype or Facetime with Joel while he's deployed - So good to see his beautiful bald head and face!
15) Send a care package to Joel - arrived the same day as my sisters - but mine was cooler!
16) Have a Swing Kitty photo shoot
17) Ride in a limo
18) Drive a Sports Car - thanks to Uncle J I got to drive a Canary Yellow Convertible Camero!
19) Memorize 30 verses of Scripture - 18 down, 12 more to go!
20) Buy someone else's dinner without them knowing it
21) Have a picnic lunch
22) Read 3 books - 1 fiction, 1 non-fiction (The Tipping Point), 1 biography (Behind My Eyes)
23) Find a pair of fun shoes
24) Convince an out-of-state friend to visit
25) Eat at Kim's - location of parent's first date
26) Paint 2 more canvas' - spring weather led to pretty painting!
27) Make my favorite OTB dish homemade - Chicken Empanadas - give me 24 hours ;-)
28) Do something random for my co-workers - Like I said, give me a few hours
29) Change my hair - Hello two weeks ago!
30) Visit my parents at least twice - Visited once for Easter and planning my next adventure north


Okay, so I've completely crossed off ten on my list, but there's about three that are in the works to be crossed off soon.  And the others, well, they're a work in progress. ;-)  I still have 16 weeks as of this Sunday.

Up High: Black & White Dinner Party tomorrow night!!!
Down Low: The high for Monday in the Wack: 95, the high where I'm going: 65 - where are my winter clothes?!

1 comment:

darlene said...

Andy is planning to camp at the river on the 4th of July so you can swim in the Brazos then and that will be another one off your list.