This past week has been really fun and VERY exhausting. I kicked off the month of June by chopping off my hair. I purchased a Living Social deal and finally got enough courage to use it. Here's the before:
During:
After:
Did I forget to mention I added highlights. Blame it on my mood, but I went a little crazy and added blonde highlights. I only meant to make it slightly lighter, not streaks of blonde! Still getting used to the blonde strands of hair!
Then I headed north for another swing dance workshop. This time I was extra nervous because I was testing for the level you would take classes in all weekend. Look who tested into the Intermediate class?!!?
AND I entered my first ever competition: Jack & Jill. You basically dance three songs in front of the audience with three randomly chosen partners. They judge your ability to follow (or lead if you're male), creativeness, energy, etc. It was kinda nerve-racking performing with the others in front of the crowd. While I didn't make the finals, I was glad to participate anyway and feel proud that I tried. Note - out of the twenty girls & 18 guys who competed, five of each were chosen for the final round. And of those five girls - all of them were in the advanced class.
Since I accidentally left my top for Saturday's dance at home, I ended up going shopping Saturday afternoon before the dance. Look at my cool new top! Not too shabby for being last minute.
Even though I danced for five hours each day in class, and spent additional hours dancing each night into the wee hours of the morning, I somehow made it to work on Monday. And I couldn't resist cheering on my favorite Baylor bears to victory Monday night at the ballpark! Sic'em!
I had a fabulous weekend and really enjoyed all the dancing and people I met! Between classes I would try to 'towel' off the sweat and would be thrown off by the person staring back at me in the mirror. I've grown more accustom to the highlights and like the cut.
Up High: So excited about my Black & White Dinner party next week!!
Down Low: Sour Puss is causing way too much drama



1 comment:
Love your hair. Congrats on the dance progress and fun!
Post a Comment