Friday, August 17, 2012

Graduation and Dinner Parties.

Last weekend was quite busy.  Lots were going on and if for some reason, you didn't keep up with everything, you were not alone.  I escorted Ms. Daisy to Truett Graduation last Friday.  It was my first seminary graduation ever to attend (the only other time was when I personally graduated).  It was interesting as I understood the regalia colors more this time around.  I was also glad it was VERY short!!  Think 45min and we were outta there!

The next night, the fabulous Red, White, & Blue Dinner Party commenced.  So much fun!  For those curious, we started off with Erin's Patriotic Punch as cocktails with blueberries, bananas, and strawberries mixed in to give it the red, white, and blue colors.  So pretty and so yummy!  Then we sat down for the Watermelon Feta Salad which was cool and crisp with the onions and mint.  As you may have noticed, I followed the similar setting as last time with the little boy/girl cut-outs as place cards with men in white and ladies in blue.
 The main course focused on a summer theme of Oven-Fried Chicken, Deviled Eggs, and a Hot Spinach Salad.  Yum, yum!  We had yummy Trifle for dessert and of course sipped on Sweet Lemon/Mint/Orange Tea. 

You probably also notice we added another woman as we had extra men RSVP.  We were excited to extend invitations again to Mr. Quiet Country Politician, Mr.Witty Californian Seminarian, and Mr. Philosophical Southern Gentleman.  They seemed to be excited about the party again.  The new individuals we invited were Mr. Reserved Chiro Bear, Mr. Tranquil Artsy Shutterbug, and Miss Blonde Workout Queen.
 The lovely ladies in their blue dresses: Miss Curly-Haired History Buff, Miss Blonde Workout Queen, Miss Spunky Joyful Social-Butterfly, and Miss Southern Leadership Carolina
 The men in their finest red, white, and blues: Mr. Reserved Chiro Bear, Mr. Witty Californian Seminarian, Mr.  Tranquil Artsy Shutterbug, Mr. Quiet Country Politician, and Mr. Philosophical Southern Gentleman.
 Unbeknownst to the ladies, the guys pulled the wool over our eyes, rather the bunny ears behind our heads while we posed believing it to be normal picture.  Oh men.
I have talked to and heard from some of the participants from the dinner party and it appears every one enjoyed themselves!  It was great dressing up and enjoying the the company and conversation.
 My favorite October Babies in their finest and hottest Blue dresses!!  I love these girls and have appreciated their friendship and willingness to network socially!  Each of them are near and dear to me.

Up High: Official October Baby Vacay starts in 13 days!
Down Low: Waiting the two weeks until vacay!

No comments: