Friday, February 15, 2013

Blue Lights, Big Mistakes, and Valentine's Day

So you're probably wondering what happened last Friday night, right?  I picked up dinner for my friends and I around dusk and pulled onto a busy well-lit street in town.  Upon doing the u-turn in the designated u-turn lane, I saw flashing blue lights in the rear-view.
Uh-oh.  I carefully and legally got over to the further right lane (not easy in three lanes of traffic) and pulled into a crowded restaurant parking lot.  It was here that I realized my light were not on (I have daytime running lights so there was a little light).  I stopped my car to the side of the parking lot (didn't want people in the restaurant to see me humiliated) and began looking for my insurance.  I had seen this in tons of movies so I figured that's what they were needing, right?  
'Hello Mister Officer of the Laawwww'
Just kidding, I didn't really say that.  He ended up pulling me over as my lights were on.  After checking my license and insurance to make sure they were current, he let me on my way.  Good thing I had recently printed off my new insurance form as the other had expired a few days prior.  PTL for memory!  So, I guess I can still win in the 'I've Never' game by saying I've never been giving a ticket!

In all the excitement of last week, I was talking with Mrs. Florida Beach Bum.  We were really missing each other.  The picture below was taken over a year ago.  And it was the last time we saw we each.  so much has happened since then!!  
Since it's slightly easier for me to take off and fly, Mrs. FBB and I picked a weekend and I bought my ticket.
But I forgot one minor (really MAJOR) thing:
The WSDS 3rd Anniversary Dance!! fail.
Uh-oh!  It was the same weekend I was to be in Florida.  That doesn't look too good for the person responsible for the money to be gone.
After some shenanigans at the airlines and me not wanting to pay more $$ than necessary, I finally rebooked my flight and only ended up paying about $26 extra!  win!

Valentine's Day was yesterday in case you were hiding under a rock.  And while I had hoped and planned to go to an upscale restaurant for lunch with the October Baby's - plans got cancelled.  Sad!  
Have no fear as we rescheduled for a fun evening in.
Miss SLC made tasty white flounder
Miss CHB put together a salad
And I bought a red velvet cake
I know what you're thinking.  Why didn't I make one of my tasty desserts?  
I had no time!  I have been so busy at work it would have stressed me out too much.
Then we watched the 80's classic When Harry Met Sally
Oh and I so rocked my red heels all day!

Up High: Am more than half-way done with my licensure hours!  Sic'em!
Down Low: Slightly stressed with the busy-ness of work and not being able to sleep in on Saturdays!



No comments: