Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Memories Part1

So, I'm moving in a few weeks. Crazy I know! It's got me to start thinking of all that's happened in the two years. I will in the next few posts try to enlighten you with some funny stories which may or may not have been shared before.
Story #1 - This is an entirely true story. I was attending a bible study which gives free food to college-age students. Its supposed to bring unbelievers in. So I'm helping clean up one day as I was to meet college kids and recruit them to the place I used to work. This guy comes up to me and asks me how/when I became a Christian. It startled me, but I answered him. Then a few weeks later, he came up to me and asked me to read a passage in the Bible. The one about a woman is to be silent. I then began rebutting that this is taken out of context and explained how God loves us all, whether we're male, female, young, old, etc. Then he stopped talking to me and walked off in the middle of the conversation. I realized then he didn't like me because I was female!!!

I laugh it now because it reminds me of how some people can be cruel and narrow minded. It's funny. Laugh! I did! It was the first time someone actually put me in my place - barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen - or at least they tried to. And actually meant it!
BTW, he did email me an apology a week later.

Up High: SGTour #3!!
Down Low: In 2wks, it'll all be over!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

so where are you moving to and is it for a job?? do tell! better yet, post! :) I love reading people's blogs. it's a mild obsession.