SGT was so much fun! Four of my friends and I went on our annual SGTour. We visited some interesting places, let me tell you! We left Thurs and headed for Hotlanta (or Atlanta for all your non-Floridians/Georgians) and barely made it to the Varsity before it closed. Good food, but so filling! We jumped back in the packed SUV and headed north towards the NC border where a friend's parents lived. We had stayed with them last year. It's up in the mountains with hills, curves, and breath-taking views! On Friday we ate a gluttonous lunch at Rib Country. The boys of course repeated last year's testosterone eating contest. It makes us all sick just to watch them, yet they do it again even after knowing better! Of course as it was an official stop, all rules apply! Then we worked off lunch by hiking about 1.2 miles round-trip to the highest point in Georgia - Brasstown Bald - Beautiful view! The next day was to be the hardest day - one which I honestly feared. A 2.2 mile hike uphill as part of the Appalachian Trail! Sooooo hard!! Praise God I found a walking stick and used it. It helped out a lot! One of the worst parts about it was the lack of scenery. It was really foggy, a misty, making it cold, windy, and no view at the top! Sad! I really wanted to see the view. Oh well! I did learn a lot about the AT. Apparently lots of people hike the entire thing each year from Maine to Georgia! That's sooo far! Those are dedicated people! After cleaning up, we had dinner at a horrible place. Food was not worth the price - the best part of the entire meal was the lemonade(tasted fresh squeezed). Sunday was spent at the Dillard House for breakfast - their cinnamon rolls are delicish!! So much, we stopped here last year and wanted to come back. And this time we were prepared with plastic baggies to place the extras in! Yum! Then we stopped in Athens - my first trip to UGA to stretch out legs before heading to Macon. J had been talking the entire time about this particular place to eat. Amidst the Christmas parade going on, we finally got there only to find it closed on Sundays! HA! Sadden, we headed home for FL.
It was an awesome trip and final Huh-rah before I leave. I had a two year contract which is finished at the end of this year. I have decided to move back to TX/OK to be closer to family. I'll be looking at grad schools to pursue a master's hopefully starting the fall'08. Exciting, huh? Scary! I'm too tired to post pics, thus they'll come later.
Up High: Wonderful trip and I could climb part of the AT!
Down Low: My walls are looking bare.
No comments:
Post a Comment