Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A baby, a basketball, and my last spring break

As you can tell, I have a beautiful new niece who's almost a week old! So cute!! I can't resist adding another photo so here is Chelsea again...
I arrived in Waco last week just in time to see my bear tip-off against Georgetown. I met up with my sister and her family as we cheered on our bears heart-stopping finish. I was texted the game score on Sat and watched most of tonight's live. Nonetheless, as some put it, Baylor nearly gave us all heart attacks tonight at the game..but we are still proud of them going to the NIT Final Four!! YAY!! On the flip side, I'm currently also getting my fill of Lady Bears thought right now as I type I'm getting angry as they are losing poorly to SDSU! What!?!?

As last week was spring break, I really lived it up! I hadn't had one in over 3 years and knew this would be my very last. So, as my friend told me, I over booked my break. Between SA, Waco, and the Dnow in Bartlesville, I traveled over 1200 miles in just ten short days. Add in seven different beds, and I'm glad to put away my suitcase!

Up High: YAY for the Bears to NYC!

Down Low: Boo to the way the girls are playing right now!

**EDIT** Congrats to the Lady Bears for making it to the Sweet Sixteen and the Boys for making it to the NIT Final Four - next time can you please not give me an ulcer after watching the games?

3 comments:

Aunt Kathryn said...

Oh, ye of little faith! GO BEARS

Jenny said...

Yeah, amazing how both teams continue to pull victories out of no where.

darlene said...

Go Bears! Jim is going to represent the family at the NIT since he is working in NYC.

Glad you had a great spring break even if you did lots of traveling. Come back to our bed and breakfast again -- we have water now. :-)