Fun title again, right? It just might become a new thing for me! HA! So, yesterday was my friend’s birthday, and I wanted to make her a cake. I got the mix, icing, but forgot the eggs (only it was somewhat on purpose). See, we don’t use eggs much and therefore it would have been wasteful to buy a dozen eggs, use 3, and throw away 9? I don’t think so! Now, what would any normal person do if they needed something then? Go ask a neighbor! I knocked on a friend’s door who proceeded to give me her last 2 eggs ( I felt bad for taking them, but she said they needed to buy more anyway. I now come to a quandary. I was borrowing another friend’s laptop cord (see below for more) and hated to ask her, as well as another friend who seemed a little frustrated at us – they all lived in our complex. Yet I only needed one more egg, who am I going to ask? About a month ago I met another neighbor who happens to live across the street. That’s right, I walked across the street and became reacquainted with her borrowing an egg. Only she refused to give me just one egg, and made me take 2 in case I cracked one! Needless to say I made my cake and have one egg sitting in my fridge..hmmm, what next?
Remember how last week I mentioned I had problems with my computer. Well, the screen got cracked…I’m typing this off center as there’s black spot in the upper mid-left corner. Back when I got my laptop, I was encouraged to get insurance as my neighborhood in FL wasn’t the safest. Never really thought about it until it now. After playing phone tag with my insur company, I talked with my agent who told me everything is covered and to go get an estimate. YAY about it being covered! I found out later, it’d cost over $500 to be fixed (yikes!). My father (good ‘ole dad) saw laptop prices were low and suggested I look into getting a new one. I found one and after talking with my agent (remember I’m a newbie with the whole claims thing), she said I could do whatever I wanted with the $$ I get. So….. I bought myself a brand new laptop for less than $80 out of pocket!!! YES!!! I did this also because my cord starting going haywire again and I think it broke! Which is so annoying because I just bought a new one about 5 weeks ago online!
Last year I felt like an official alum from my Univ when they called asking for money. I politely told them no and hung up. While in college, I was in StuFu which I loved! Rather than asking people for money, I got to solicit HS students to Baylor! Way more fun and we got to wear our cool shirts! Well, I now know the Director and told her if they every needed a contact to call me. You see, in order to go on a money trip, they had to arrange 5 meetings (hard to do). I met with two members and chatted about my dear ‘ole college days and war stories from the organization. They don’t always ask for money the first round, but leave you with gifts and lots of information to donate. They ended up bringing me a six-pack….. of Dr Pepper!! YES!!! They know me so well! HA!
Down Low: One paper, two quizzes, and a test stand in my way of spring break!
No comments:
Post a Comment