Monday, March 2, 2009

Valet, Runaway Carts, and Prayer

I know it’s a crazy title, just like last week. But it’s a title about my weekend. It started when Mrs. Mississippi Southern Belle and I went to a friend’s baby shower. Five of us had gone in for the gift, but only two were able to make it to the shower. On the way over, we wondered what games we might play and ones we hope to avoid (the candy bar diaper game is gross!) We follow her GPS to a VERY nice neighborhood and come across this sign…


Yep, you read that correctly. Valet parking. We had valet parking at the baby shower!! Needless to say, we didn’t play any games. It was somewhat formal and at times I felt like a fish out of water.

We left and after dropping me off, I went to Lowe’s. Four weeks ago I purchased an adapter cord for my computer because it died. I noticed Friday the new one was showing some wear/tear, so I went to Lowe’s searching for electrical tape to ‘fix’ my problem. Mind you this is Saturday afternoon and I’m dressed in nice party clothes, heels, and hair’s all fixed! I look completely out of place and I’m talking on the phone. I quickly get and pay for my tape (telling Jen I’d call her back b/c I hate it when people are on the phone in line). As soon as I pay, I call her back and starting walking through the parking lot to my car. Mind you the wind has been blowing pretty heavily (ruining perfectly good hair!). While talking to Jen, I see out of the corner of my eye a cart coming a little quicker than it should. I put out my heel to stop it all the while screaming to Jen the play by play. Needless to say, people were laughing as I got attacked by the cart – which could have hit me had I not stuck out my heel…it would have done some damage to a car too! Runaway cart!


After that debacle, I decided to get home and fix my cord. It worked until late last night when it stopped working. Frustrated after fiddling with it and it not working, I prayed for a miracle and went to sleep. This week, I’ve been preached at about miracles and praying earnestly. So even at church, I prayed that God would fix my cord and that it’d work. So, this afternoon I said one more quick pray believing God would fix it and plugged it in. The light came on and it worked! PRAISE THE LORD!!!! I rejoice because there is no other way to explain why it wouldn’t work last night other than God. So, praise the Lord for it says to rejoice for the small things in life!

Up High: Blueberry’s almost here!
Down Low: My laptop screen is cracked and I'm trying to deal w/insurance and writing papers in the meantime of it being cracked.
PS – HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mrs. Mississippi Southern Belle on March 3rd!!! I’m so glad we’re friends!

1 comment:

darlene said...

Leah, love your stories. The titles are very enticing. Glad you had a practical example of God's answer to prayer.