Monday, August 31, 2009

Extra, Extra

The big news around here is that I got my car back. YAY! It's nice to have my own wheels again - especially if it's my car. I titled this post Extra, Extra because God has blessed me a lot this week. My car bill is not fun paying, but God provided for me to pick up some extra hours at both jobs. YAY! I feel fortunate enough to also have wonderful supportive parents and family whom I can call in times of desperation. They've helped me out a lot with getting me to and from the car shop to loaning me their car.

In other news, the semester is in full swing. As last spring held weekly quizzes, this semester holds four different book reports. Now they may call them some fancy words like book evaluation or book review, but for us plain folk, a book report name will due. Just call it what it is, I'm doing the same thing I was back in the 3rd grade only it has to be longer and sound a little more educated.

One of my profs gave us an option of replacing any one assignment with another. The alternative assignment could be whatever we wanted - i.e. extra book report, paper on geography of OT, etc. He let us dream it up. My mind was already contemplating replacement of the final or research paper when my friend leans back and says "skit" to me. Much to his surprise I took his joking as serious and have officially replaced my final with a skit I'm performing with two other guys. It's going to be funny, fast, and educated. We have to give it as much time as we would our final in order to replace it. Yes! This gets me excited b/c this final would have been the very last final of the semester in Dec - yuck! So, instead I get to be funny before Thanksgiving and relieve pressure about it! Now, we just need to narrow down a story....hmmmm....

Oh and the pic for the week is from March '08 when it snowed in Waco.

I know, it's not snowy, but I sure do love these 60 degree nights!!
Up High: fam's all headed to E*town for Labor Day!
Down Low: next week's stats test - for some reason my brother keeps rejecting my offer to allow him to take it for me ;-)

2 comments:

Anna and the boys said...

Almost all of the family-your fav bro-in-law isn't coming. Those dove's are calling his name instead. We will have fun though!

darlene said...

Maybe we'll see your fav bro-in-law at Cloverland. :-)

Glad you have your wheels back and are already planning for the end of the semester. It will be here before we know it.