Monday, March 8, 2010

The journey

This past weekend I was invited back to Bartlesville Dnow. I went last year on my spring break o' fun tour. Since they had it a little earlier this year, I was able to participate. Six of us ended up going to be leaders and the speaker - one of whom had gone last year Speaking of last year, we crammed into a Nissan Xtera - not comfy with five grown-adults! This year instead of the van we ordered from the rental place, they gave us this:

A Ford Flex - it had all the bells and whistles - but a box on wheels - so odd-looking!

We started the journey heading up I-35 to I-44 and then catching 75 in Tulsa. The way home, however was incredibly different! First, detour signs in Tulsa made us miss our OKC exit. So we headed down 75, which merged with the turnpike. But we missed our first exit off the toll road, leaving us to drive another 40 miles on it since that was the next exit. But guess what, we missed that one too!! So, ended up driving all the way south to Paris before catching hwy 82 to Bonham and catching 121. Funny thing we had two GPS untis. But the driver didn't hear/nor follow it thus leavings us to miss both exits!! AHHHH!

We eventually made it home later than expected and very tired. Now mid-terms, papers, and presentation await for me this week before Spring Break of next. However, it looks like I'll be here mostly working on school and just working. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Up High: One week off of classes next week!
Down Low: presentation, paper, and mid-term this week

1 comment:

darlene said...

Leah, it is wonderful that you are making the most of your time (playing and studying). You are such a joy and great young lady - I'm glad we're related. :-)