Friday, June 24, 2011

Weird Road Trips, Gusty Winds, and Surprise Gifts

This past weekend a group of my friends and I decided to head south to the 'weird' city of Austin. We had a fabulous time exploring the 'other' side of the typically political town. We caught a flick at Alamo Drafthouse - for those not aware, it's a movie theatre with an interesting twist. They are VERY serious in their business - so much that they will actually remove people who text or talk during a movie. FINALLY someone who will actually mean business. How many times have they said 'not to talk' but people do anyway and nothing is ever done. And kids under 6 aren't allowed except for certain matinees once a week - no crying babies in these theatres. Now, yes I do love those cute cuddly kiddos, but a quiet movie theatre isn't the place for them especially when you shell out $5-10 for a few hours of entertainment. After the movie, we grabbed dinner at Ironworks. Our only pic of the four of us: Mr. Philosophical Southern Gentleman, Mr. Engineering Aggie Nerd, and Miss Surveying Robinson Aggie Can you tell I have my parental genes of being vertically challenged? After chowing down on some good 'ole BBQ, we headed a few blocks over to see the bats fly out. For those of you not familiar, hundreds of thousands of bats sleep under this downtown bride. As the sun sets, these little nocturnal things fly the roost into the dark. Cool? Or Freaky? While they look like birds, really they are bats. CREEPY if you ask me.
Monday, I felt like wearing one of my fav skirts - this one:It's uber comfy and makes me feel pretty. So what's the problem? Gusty Winds. I didn't realize my mistake of wearing the dress until I was filling up at the gas station. Woosh! I'm pretty sure I gave the guy next to me an eye-full *hiding my face in shame* SOOOOO embarrassing!! (and no, I didn't look like Marilyn when it happened).
When I got home later, I had a nice surprise waiting for me. What is it you ask? That's right, after buying my new car, the dealer sent me cookies. Aww, how sweet. The flavors were chocolate chip and the other's Key Lime White Chocolate Chip. The second was pretty tasty considering the odd combo. But I'll give them props for it.

Up High: We got rain Tuesday night!
Down Low: We still need LOTS more rain!

1 comment:

darlene said...

What A fun weekend. I bet your housemate is sharing the cookies with you. :-)