If you look close enough you might notice the lack of space between the ceiling and pillow. That's because it's about three feet from floor to ceiling. It sounds like a kids paradise and it is - not so much for a grown adult. I think my knees still have a little rug burn from crawling all weekend on them. But before you think I'm not appreciative, I am. I'm glad to have to my own space no matter how 'tight' it may be. This weekend I also got to spend time playing with this little fella:
Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of my other two nephews - maybe it was because they kept blending in with the dirt with all their tan-ness. So jealous that they are WAYYYY darker than me.Like good a good baptist family, we didn't miss out on church on the reunion; we created our own.... in the woods around tree stumps
And my generation
It was fun and good to be together despite the insanely hot weather. I REALLY enjoyed going swimming every afternoon. I wish I had a pool in my backyard to do that, but for now I have the river, sort of. I had really good time despite also getting woken up before seven EVERY morning! It doesn't help when others say loudly/softly *shhhh*. It just doesn't work b/c often your *shhh* is louder than talking. Just saying. But I love y'all anyway! And I even made it back to town in time to meet up with a crew from church to gaze at the fireworks downtown. However, for future references, it's not so much a good idea to take the shuttle from the Ferrell Center. Flashbacks to DC in '95 started happening and that's never good. Needless to say, next time I'll either park closer or have a friend take me back to the car. Up High: I was supposed to work another festival next Saturday and it got cancelled! PTL!
Down Low: I'm kinda done with the whole triple-digit heat thing... and it's only July
1 comment:
What fun.
You can "swim" in our hot tub -- it's only 94 degrees so it feels cool. :-)
Post a Comment