Yes, it's the one and only Passat. My passat. The one I sold merely a month ago. My first car. The one I purchased with all my hard-earned money. I had heard someone had purchased it after I traded it in. I was surprised it still had the faded baylor logo on it along with the scuff marks on the front driver's side wheel. While it was good to see my ol' friend - I was grateful to be driving away in my cozy new reliable ride. I still love it!
I think I mentioned last week how I was hosting a dinner party/game night for my small group. As most of you know, I'm kinda a plan-ahead person. So I set my table, laid out the dishes I was going to cook in, silverware to serve, etc all on Friday night.
So how did my table look like?A little thing called A/C. Late Friday night, we realized the house wasn't cooling as it should be and soon realized it was broken. WHAT?! Oh vey! But my fabulously-wonderful-can't-thank-enough neighbors stepped in and allowed to party to occur at their home instead. YAY! So grateful they were willing to let me crash their house with my party. It was fun and everyone I think was grateful to have A/C in the end.
I even made this tasty cake! YUM! It was my mom's lemonade cake so the cool and creamy dessert was a nice ending to a hot meal.
Before the party went off, we got some visitors. Ones I had only seen a few of, and never in droves.
Can you seen them?
It's quite breath-taking actually. They were ALL over the yard and pasture. Hundreds of them. Thousands of them. So many only God could count them! Rumor has it they were eating those grasshoppers. Well by all means, FEAST! Eat UP!
Up High: Little J's birthday party - can't believe he's going to be 8!!
Down Low: My client load has slowed to a snail's pace. Oh vey!

2 comments:
I hope those birds ate all the grasshoppers. I'm sure it was quite a shock. Glad you were able to move the party. Hope they let you turn the A/C down low!
It was great fun for us to have your party at our house. I'm glad you agreed to do it. (yes, Jenny we turned the AC down and told her she could turn it lower if needed).
Weren't the birds something to see? They seem to be gone now but were definitely around for a few days.
The cake was wonderful! Thanks for sharing with the neighbors.
Post a Comment