Friday, September 16, 2011

Games, Dancing, and Stars

Last Friday was a crazy one.  I hosted another game night, only this time I tried to make it more low key in that food was not really provided with the focus being on one thing:
Games.  Well, they came.  And kept coming.  and kept coming.  We had fourteen people show up!! Whoa!  I was thrilled with the turnout especially since not everyone knew me.  One came despite only visiting the class Sunday while another ran into a member and joined us at the last minute.  We had a lot of fun, and loads of laughter occurred.  As one member of the family said, "I don't think I've ever seen so many cars in the driveway - even on the 23rd!"  I think in total, we played about five different types of games with three different waves of people leaving.  When the last ones I left, I was exhausted!  So much fun was had by all I believe.  Unfortunately, I was too busy laughing to take any photos.  Sorry, mom.

Of course as most weekends, I went:
This time it was swing dancing in Austin.  Quite fun, especially when the band consisted of a real piano (no fake one here, folks), a tuba, and an eclectic/acoustic guitar.  Interesting to say the least. 


I was convinced last week by Miss SSW and Miss ASQ to crash the Baylor SDS. So, I did.  Since they meet outside, it was actually fairly nice and pretty - despite it being a little hot.  But the best part was that half-way though the lesson (given by our own WSDS instructors), we saw this:
Okay, so it was kinda like that.  It was a shooting star!  Win!!  Of course I made a wish, but I'm not telling you what it was....

In the mean time, I'm on call all weekend, so I'm keeping things pretty low-key.  I'm only performing/dancing tonight at the arts fest.  As someone commented to me recently, "You're a Baptist?  But you dance?"  Yes.  Yes, I do.  And I LIKE it! =)  Oh and I officially have all my $$ back from the nine purple dresses.  The refunds are all in.  Glad to have my money all back and that I could return all nine of them while keeping #10.  But I still haven't found the shoes =/

Up High: Fun times with friends this week!
Down Low: On call and in need of gold shoes

No comments: