Last weekend I made a quick trip to East Texas to visit some family. While taking the back roads going though numerous small towns, I came across one and remember recent events. Grand Saline. A small town with a few thousand people and one famous native. He's so famous, they renamed Main St. after him:
Love it! Sadly though, he's moved to Hot-lanta with Louis and the rest of the Passion people. But his roots are from Texas.
While I visited the family, we went to the County Health Expo:
The photo just doesn't do it justice. I mean, think big hair, bad fashion, and long drawls. I'm not poking fun of small town Texas people, I love 'em!! I really do! It makes me appreciate their values, desires, and facets of their life and town. At times, I felt like I was partially raised there from spending countless summers and possessing the ability to explore the town on my own *gasp*. Something I doubt few would allow kids to do today.
We also had tickets to this movie:
FABULOUS film!! So worth it! Loved every minute of it (minus the crick in my neck from being too close since we got to the packed theatre late. Needless to say, I'm contemplating going to see it again because it was that good.
Up High: Something's happening today.... Hoping for a Swing Birthday Dance tonight with a 17piece band!
Down Low: Missing out on Jonah's bday party



No comments:
Post a Comment