Friday, December 9, 2011

Birthdays, Tailgates, and Snakes

What a whirlwind which was last weekend.  Originally Mrs. JBM was coming into town to celebrate her birthday, tailgate at the game with her in-laws, and root on her bears to victory.  Half of that is true!  Instead this is what it turned into:
Mrs. JBM and her boys with her birthday cake
 Since the tailgate got rained out, the longhorn in laws moved the tailgate indoors and to enemy territory.  These gracious longhorn fans allowed us crazy bear fans to crash their party - about 30 people showed and out greatly outnumbers those horns. 
See?  Love the green/gold table decor 
Or course there was fabulous cupcakes to celebrate the birthday (notice the baylor theme? sic'em)
And while I didn't get a pic of Mrs. JBM and I, we did cheer on our bears to victory.........
......from the comforts of our home in our nice cozy couch, and warm house. ;-)

Monday night I got home late and went to unload the back of my car when I thought I saw a piece of 'string' in the garage.  Oh no!  It wasn't.  It was more like a snake!
I attempted to chop it's head off, but that's difficult to do while using a hoe on a concrete floor.  He kept squirming and moving whenever I landed one on him which in turn made me squirm and do a little jig (but not of the good kind, mind you).  Ewwww!!!  The next morning, he was no where to be found.  Hopefully he was carried off, not sliding off on his own.  Even as I type this I get a shiver just thinking about it.  Yuck!

Up High: It's Friday!  I get to go dancing!  And tomorrow's my small group Christmas party!
Down Low: Had to miss out on company Christmas party yesterday due to client crisis

2 comments:

darlene said...

Love the pics from the party.
We live in the country so don't spend anymore time thinking about the snake. There will be another one some day.

What a grown up professional -- missed a party to help someone in crisis.

Have fun at your party this weekend, can't wait to see pics of that fun evening.

Jenny said...

That was a fun party! Yay Baylor!!