Sunday, March 10, 2013

Goodbye Upwards, Goodbye Girls, Goodbye Boys

Some of you may not have known, but for the past eight weeks, I have been helping out with Upwards at my church
I originally signed up to ref
But I quickly decided that probably wasn't the best thing for me as I knew I would not be the best person to make quick decisive decisions and be okay with others unhappy with it and tell me so.  
Yeah, probably better that I didn't.  
So instead I kept score
That I could do and help the ref's determine the possession arrow.  Fun stuff in that I could still help out.  With Upwards winding down last weekend, the awards ceremony had a special guest.
I know it's blurry.  It's Nick Florence - former QB of the bears.  Sic'em Flo for giving his testimony!!

On Monday night, we said our goodbyes to five seniors at the girls basketball game.  These ladies had great signage.  Loved the outfits!

Then last night, Miss SLC and I watched the boys take down those little birds from Kansas in the boy's final game.  Wow!  Can't believe we beat the number 4 (at least they were) team in the nation!  And it wasn't really a close game either.  Guess it also helped that RG3 aka NFL Rookie of the year was in attendance!
Sic'em!
The madness of March is officially upon us as we enter tournament and post-season play.  The women are headed to the Big12 championship game tomorrow night and the boys start their tourney Thursday.  Sic'em!

Up High: Sic'em Baylor basketball - men's & women's
Down Low: I'm ready for these allergies to go away & take the cold weather with it - c'mon spring!

No comments: