Saturday, March 23, 2013

Parentals, Lost cards, and Tree-Huggers Unite

So this past weekend, these lovely people came to visit me:
YAY!  We had fun and I showed me my new office space.  And then took them tortilla tossing.  My mother was quite skeptical on it.  But the parentals did a great job on it!  In the end, three tortillas landed on the pillar!  I just won't say who threw what.  
Daddio:
 Mom's turn:
I had a wonderful visit with them and am so glad they came into town.

On Tuesday, I met up with the bi-weekly Tuesday Supper Club aka the crazies from my small group at church.  After dinner a few of us went for some fro-yo.  It was then I realized I was missing this:
Yeah.  That would be credit card.  (No, the picture is not actually of my card, rather a random one off the internet).  I called the restaurant and they had
YAY!  PTL!!  I was really worried about it for a few minutes.  I'm still watching my statement for random charges and double checking everything.  PTL for good servers!

Last week, I talked about Tree-Huggers and their reusable grocery sacks and how I had joined the cult.
At the store I like to shop at, these bags are probably used by one-third to one-fourth of the customers.  So it's totally the norm for people to see you using them and the baggers know what to do with them.  However, there is a store I rarely visit simply because it's so small and in a 'not-so-safe' part of town.  Security is constantly roaming the parking lot.  Don't worry mom, I feel safe.  It's just different.  
So, I'm only picking up a few things and going to this store because it is somewhat more on my way home and I only needed a few things.  It's definitely one of those 'only need 1 or 2 items and don't want to go to big stores to get them' type of place.  You know what I mean.
So I grab one of my reusable bags and head inside.  While checking out, the cashier kinda looks at me funny when I hand him my bags.  It was then I realized I had not seen ANYONE with these bags in the entire store.  The type of clientele that shops there don't necessarily use this type of product.
Can we say awkward?   I totally feel like this little duck:

Up High: Trying for the 3rd time to go to zoo with my 'little'
Down Low: Wishing the sun would come out to play

No comments: